The Wine Cellar

Come and explore with me the amazing world of wines

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The challenge to preserve wine...

With the excitement of discovering these wonderful wines came the challenge of "where do I store all these wines?", and, more importantly, "how do I do so, without downgrading their quality?"
Till that time, I had never bought more than 2-3 bottles at a time, and I had not really paid a premium price for wines--didn't have the cash and couldn't distinguish low priced wines from expensive ones. Now all of a sudden, I was confronting with the challenge of having a large quantity, medium to high-priced wines in need of a proper home.
The solution to my dilemma wasn't very far. Under the stairs leading to the half-basement of my house there was an underutilized space where I built my first wine storage area. There in a cool and dark environment I could store horizontally most of my wines. I was happy to have found a decent home for my wines, but also excited about this new found hobby. I would go down the stairs and look at the bottles in their rows and columns and dream of having a real wine cellar some day…

No comments: