The Wine Cellar

Come and explore with me the amazing world of wines

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Great friends and fine wine...

There is one thing, I am certain, in which all wine lovers would agree. Wine is not meant to be enjoyed without the presence of good friends. While I enjoy having a glass of wine in certain moments of solitude such as watching one of the frequent gorgeous Arizona sunsets, or listening to music, almost never have a glass of wine alone. Especially when you have friends who willfully--at least most of them--engage in long spirited discussions. These discussions can last a long time, unless my wife intervenes by politely reminding me that some of our guests are getting bored.
We had one of these delightful occasions last night with some of our neighbors and dear friends. It was a spectacular evening with a post-card sunset, pleasant with the aid of a patio heater, and fine wine. It reminds me why God created sunsets and fine wine--not to mention great friends...

No comments: